Lampasas County Friends of the Night Sky, part of Vision Lampasas
Lampasas County Friends of the Night Sky is a volunteer group dedicated to helping the communities in Lampasas County to reduce light pollution and preserve our Big and Bright Stars here in the Heart of Texas for future Generations.
Stars Up! Lights Down!
A very special shout out and thanks to Mary Raring-Hart and Tom Hart of Designs from the Hart for sharing their time and their talents in creating our Logo and printing up our awesome T-shirts to help promote our mission.
Both Lampasas County and the City of Lampasas have passed resolutions to encourage practices and support efforts to preserve our night skies. See: https://hillcountryalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/LampasasNightSkiesResolution.pdf and https://hillcountryalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/City-of-Lampasas-Night-Sky-Resolution-2021.pdf
Note that the rain/cloudy night alternative date for Stoneledge Winery Star Party will be February 5th if needed. We will post current info. For now we will hopefully see you Saturday January 29th at 5:30!!!
- We are a sub committee of Vision Lampasas
- We work closely with Hill Country Alliance and their work protecting the night skies of the Hill Country
- Here is a helpful issue paper developed by HCA on our Night Skies
- The International Dark Sky organization has much helpful information.
- We hope to see you at Stoneledge Winery's January 29th Star Party allowing LCFNS to promote our mission.